Food: Cinnamon and Ginger
Essential Oil: Sandalwood, Myrrh, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Vetiver, Cypress, Carrot Seeds, Cedar Atlas.
Crystals: Hematite, Red or black stones and crystals such as Red Jasper, Black Onyx, Black Tourmaline, and Garnet.
The Muladhara or the Root chakra is located in the base of the spine. It is often represented as a four petal lotus flower and the color red.
This chakra is often used for grounding, stability, security, and support. It promotes courage, stability, security, financial abundance, easy manifestation, success in the physical world, grounding, physical wellbeing, and strong survival instincts.
The Rooth Chakra relates to the material world and it rules the legs and feet, adrenals, bones, teeth, kidney, bladder, the blood, and the elimination system.
The most common symptom of an unbalanced Root Chakra is feeling spacey, flighty, and having trouble concentrating as well as having irrational fears and financial problems. On a physical level, it can cause constipation, diarrhea, urinary tract infections, cold hands or feet, and kidney stones.
How to Activate the Root Chakra
Activating this chakras is as easy as stepping outdoors. You can easily just walk barefoot, do walking meditations, go hiking or camping, gardening, and taking in the natural world are all practices that will activate and help your connection with the earth center. You can also sit in a chair and take deep breaths, imagining roots coming from your feet and connecting with the Earth.
Mantras are also an amazing way to activate the Root chakra, here are my favorite mantras:
- I am safe.
- I am balanced.
- I am connected to all that is around me.
- I relish in my primal structure and shamelessly love my raw, naked self.
- I nurture my body with healthy food, clean water, exercise.
- I am abundant in every area of my life and business.
- I am able to let go of fear and trust that I am eternally safe.
- I am at peace within my surroundings, with the people, and events that occurs.
- Security and stability in life allow me to move with both confidence and connection to who I am.
I also love to write on my journal, so here are some eye-opening prompts:
- What does integrity mean to me?
- What am I afraid of people knowing about me?
- What is my personal honor code? Have I compromised it?
- Have I’ve set boundaries with the people who surround me? Do they know?
- If I believed in myself I would…and I would stop doing/feeling/acting…
- If I knew I wouldn’t fail I would…And I would stop acting/feeling/doing…
How do you connect with your Root Chakra? Comment down below to have a chat!